A Strong Contender: Coleman Portable Grill Review
When looking for a portable camping grill, you have to consider several factors. For instance, are the burners powerful enough to withstand difficult weather conditions?
Or, can you cook different food items on the grill? In addition, you also have to consider your budget. With the wide range of portable grills on the market, you can afford to be picky when it comes to price.
About The Product
Instead of browsing through a large number of options, you can simply consider to invest in the Coleman RoadTrip 285 Portable Stand-Up Propane Grill.
WHY you may be asking?
Here’s An Overview Of The Features
- Interchangeable Cook tops: You can easily and conveniently switch the cook top according to your needs. You will have to purchase griddles and grates separately, but it is worth your while to do so, because you can expand your cooking options.
- Matchless Lighting: This portable grill features Instastart ignition, so you don’t need matches to light the burners. Simply push a button and the flame will turn on.
- PerfectFlow Technology: Coleman has incorporated the PerfectFlow technology in this camping grill that ensures the burners remain consistent regardless of the weather. You can keep cooking even if it’s windy outdoors. The technology also keeps the heat levels steady.
- Portability: The camping grill folds into a neat package, complete with handle and wheels, so you can simply pull it around.
- Cooking Surface: You get 285 sq. inches of cooking space along with two grill grates. The porcelain and cast iron coating ensures the surface is easy to clean.
- Side Tables: You get two sliding side tables to keep all the ingredients and other items you need while cooking on hand.
- Powerful Output: The unit features two burners, each provide 20,000 BTU’s of cooking power.
- Multiple cook top options
- Don’t need matches
- 3 independently adjustable burners for enhanced temperature control
- Water pan catches cooking grease and is removable for easy cleaning
- Stable flame and heat
- Easy to clean
- Substantial cooking power
- Adjusting the heat can be difficult
What Others Are Saying
The features of this camping grill have impressed a majority of the customers who reviewed it. A customer wrote that the grill is easy to assemble and takes only 20 minutes to set up.
Another reviewer stated that the grill works optimally, considering its size and design, though he did mention that there are more powerful grills available on the market. On the downside, a customer complained that he had issues with fuel supply and heat adjustment.
The Coleman RoadTrip 285 Portable Stand-Up Propane Grill is available for around $230 at larger retailers, with the option of gift wrapping, in case you want to present it to someone. This price is for the red model, but there are 7 other color options that you can check out on Amazon and order one according to your preference.If you want a camping grill that provides stable heat even in extreme weather, this is the perfect buy, but if you are looking for cooking power, there are other, more powerful models available.
Overall, there is little to complain about with this camping grill. The price is affordable and the features great. Plus, Coleman is a brand you can trust and hence, you should definitely consider purchasing this product.